Overview and General Guidelines
We want to keep the Ostro Project Community a great place to participate, but we need your help to keep it that way. While we have specific guidelines for various tools, in general, you should:
- Be nice: Be courteous and polite to fellow members of the list.
- Respect other people: No regional, racial, gender or other abuse will be tolerated.
- Keep it clean: Keep the language clean (no swearing)
- Be helpful: Be patient with new people and be willing to jump in to answer questions.
- Stay calm: The written word is always subject to interpretation, so give people the benefit of the doubt and try not to let emotions get out of control.
- Keep it legal: Make sure that you have the legal right to post your content and are not violating copyright or other laws.
IMPORTANT: Before you post questions or report issues, be sure that you have done a thorough search to see if your question has already been answered. We've already answered many questions, and you will get a better response from people if you have already done your due diligence to find obvious or partial answers. Look through the mailing list archives, bug lists, and documentation first.